Tree of Life Yoga values your privacy and the protection of your personal data.
Hereunder we will explain how we deal with your personal data. We handle your personal data with care and will do everything to guarantee your privacy. Tree of Life Yoga complies with applicable laws, under which the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). 
This includes that in any case:
- We process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which the personal data have been collected; these purposes and type of data are described in this Privacy statement;
- We limit the processing of your personal data to only those which are strictly necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- We will ask for your explicit permission when necessary or when required;
- We take appropriate technical and organizational measures for the security of your personal data;
- We will not transfer any personal data to third parties, unless this is required for the execution of the purpose for which the data have been provided;
- We are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, we will make you aware of your rights and we will respect them.
Tree of Life Yoga is responsible for the storage and processing of your personal data. Should you have any further questions regarding your personal data, please contact us. Our contact details are below:
Tree of Life Yoga
Nieuwstraat 7, 3080 Tervuren
(+32) 473 42 32 80
2. Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data are processed by Tree of Life Yoga for the following purposes and legal grounds:
- To be able to participate in the activities of Tree of Life Yoga;
- For the sending of newsletters and invitations (legitimate interest).
3. What kind of personal data do we process?
Tree of Life Yoga may ask you for personal data for the collection, storage, and processing for the following purposes:
- Data for identification: last name, first name, address, telephone number, email address;
- Date of birth for determining if you qualify for a discount (ie. Student or senior) and also for gifting a free class on the date of birth;
- Personal characteristics: gender for allowing us to inform you of gender-related events (ie. Yoga for guys classes, Hormone yoga classes for women);
- Relationships: to link online accounts of family members, for instance, to allow for a shared membership.
4. Who is processing the personal data?
The personal data are being processed by the following external parties:
- Mindbody Inc. – online database management system for registration and keeping a record of purchase history;
- Mailchimp.com – for newsletters, invitations, announcements.
5. Data transfer to third parties
Data provided to Tree of Life Yoga can be transferred to the abovementioned third parties when necessary for the execution of the purposes as mentioned above.
Tree of Life Yoga cooperates with Mindbody and Mailchimp (processors) for:
- The provision of an internet online database management environment;
- The provision of an IT-infrastructure (o.a. IT netwerk, e-mail hosting…);
- The publication and distribution of newsletters and invitations.
Tree of Life Yoga will only transfer data to third parties with whom it has concluded a data processing agreement.
With these processors, we make the necessary arrangements to guarantee the security of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not transfer any data to third parties unless there is a legal obligation and/or legally permitted, for example for police of judicial investigation.
We can share personal data with third parties with your permission only. This permission can be withdrawn at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing for its cancellation.
We do not transfer personal data to parties established outside the European Union.
Personal data of persons under the age of 18 years are only processed with permission of the parents or legal guardians.
7. Storage period
Tree of Life Yoga will not store personal data any longer than necessary for the purpose for which they have been provided or when legally required. Tree of Life Yoga commits not to store the data any longer than 3 years after the end of membership.
8. Security of the personal data
Tree of Life Yoga has taken the following appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data of its members against unlawful processing:
- All persons who, on behalf of Tree of Life Yoga, may take notice of your personal data will treat them with confidentiality;
- We have a user name and a password policy on all systems;
- We anonymize and encrypt all personal data when there is reason to do so;
- We make back-ups of the personal data in order to restore them after physical or technical incidents;
- We test and evaluate our measures regularly;
- Our staff members have been informed about the priority of the protection of your personal data.
9. Your rights
At any time, and free of charge, you have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data. You can contact us through the contact details mentioned above.
You also have the right to object against processing of your personal data (or part thereof) by one of our processors.
Finally, you have the right to request the transfer of the provided data to yourself or on your behalf to a third party. In order to comply with your request we may ask for identification.
In case you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by Tree of Life Yoga, please contact us as soon as possible.
You are always entitled to file a complaint with:
11. Amendment of the Privacy statement
Tree of Life Yoga may amend this privacy statement at any time. This privacy statement has been made on 23 May 2018 and has not been amended ever since.
 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC